My duck has a small raised bump on his beak

Lauren84

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2023
Essex, England
Good morning all,
I noticed a few days ago that my indian runner Donald has a red bump on his beak. Has anyone had this happen before to their ducks? Is it a little bump or bruise from foraging that will heal over time or could it be something more sinister? He is still a very happy duck, eating, drinking, swimming & foraging lots.

I was not sure if it was quite normal or if we should go to the vets to get it checked?

Attachments

• 75D2CDAD-6D0A-48F1-B1D3-11A0527D9348.jpeg
    75D2CDAD-6D0A-48F1-B1D3-11A0527D9348.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 2AE4B5E3-11E4-4EF9-ACA8-0AE4C95A4AC9.jpeg
    2AE4B5E3-11E4-4EF9-ACA8-0AE4C95A4AC9.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
that’s interesting - i’ve seen scraped bills before in my ducks andthey heal up well but not something that puffs out like that . i’m going to follow your thread to see what others say . i hope it’s nothing serious .

Donald is a cutie, If you don't put feed and water in with your ducks when they go in for the night try some type of antibiotic ointment on it, keeping him from being able to not dunk his head will give the ointment time to work. That is why I mentioned at night.

Donald is a cutie, If you don't put feed and water in with your ducks when they go in for the night try some type of antibiotic ointment on it, keeping him from being able to not dunk his head will give the ointment time to work. That is why I mentioned at night.
Thank you Miss Lydia 😁, I will try that at night time good idea. Is there a particular antibiotic ointment to use that is safe for ducks?

Donald is such a sweet boy, we love him to bits.

Triple antibiotic ointment, Neosporin there are probably others too. I keep Triple antibiotic in my flock's med kit. Then you have Veterycin products too.

Back
Top Bottom