My Duck is in love ?!?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Totes Quackers, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Totes Quackers

Totes Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne
    Hi everyone [​IMG]
    I have a 5 month old male khaki campbell quacker, Hendrix. Hendrix lives with my 6 chooks.. it seems he has become very fond of one of our chooks in particular, Kelso. Hendrix and Kelso are INSEPERABLE, if i pick up Kelso, Hendrix starts quacking at me and will follow me everywhere, If i pick up Hendrix, Kelso is the same (altho she bok bok's..) [​IMG]
    It is even to the point now where Kelso sleeps with Hendrix in Hendrix' bed under the coop, not with the other chooks above in the coop. She also has started laying her eggs in his 'nest'. [​IMG]
    I'm not sure if Kelso thinks she is a duck or Hendrix thinks he is a chook. It is rather cute and it isn't a problem but just wondering if it's 'normal'?
    There is no fighting with the other chooks or anything like that but would hate for it to get to that point if this love affair is to continue... [​IMG]
    Anyone else had something similar??
    The chook at the front of the pic is Kelso, this is about as far away from each other as they get lately!
    [​IMG]

2. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    lol that's cute [​IMG]

3. Thegrayeyedgirl

Thegrayeyedgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    Aw, the bond between two animals is a lovely thing [​IMG]

4. The Yakima Kid

The Yakima Kid Cirque des Poulets

Just be careful that the duck doesn't attempt to mate with the hen; ducks have external male genitalia and chickens do not. Repeated mating attempts can kill the hen. Ducks are perverts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by