My duck is walking funny

lissa974

Chirping
Jul 12, 2019
White Cloud, MI
I have a peking duck who is about 3. She has always walked with her feet turned in, but for a few months now is walking like a t-rex. Her knees are swollen and she tires easily so stops to rest often. She eats and drinks just fine. When she lays down her legs are kind of out to side. We think it's gout. She seems to get worse in the heat so we brought her in to live in the house and she seems to be better in here. Oh and she molts way more than the others so her egg production is way down. Any ideas?

:welcome Being 3 years old can cause egg laying to slow down too. Can you post pics of her legs? A video? If you do a video put it on you tube or Vimeo and copy an paste here. What are you feeding including treats? These answers can hell us help you.

:welcome Being 3 years old can cause egg laying to slow down too. Can you post pics of her legs? A video? If you do a video put it on you tube or Vimeo and copy an paste here. What are you feeding including treats? These answers can hell us help you.

I can try I am not very tech savy. We give her duck pellets, peas, greens, and let our ducks free range.

I can try I am not very tech savy. We give her duck pellets, peas, greens, and let our ducks free range.

I have a peking duck who is about 3. She has always walked with her feet turned in, but for a few months now is walking like a t-rex. Her knees are swollen and she tires easily so stops to rest often. She eats and drinks just fine. When she lays down her legs are kind of out to side. We think it's gout. She seems to get worse in the heat so we brought her in to live in the house and she seems to be better in here. Oh and she molts way more than the others so her egg production is way down. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom