My Duck LOVES to be scratched!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Pet Duck Boy, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Hey again byc folks. I was out again, dedicating some time with my duck Sunny. I felt alittle lovable at the moment and decided I wanted a duck hug, so I gave her one. I also just found out she absoulotley LOVES her underside scratched! It's hilarious, she makes the funniest noise when I do it! It's like "Ke Ke Ke Ke ke", almost like she's laughing! She has such a personality, but I REALLY need to get her a mate. Does anyone have any ducks that like to be petted? Sunny doesn't move at all when I'm petting her, so I assume she likes it. Aren't ducks the best? [​IMG]

My sister's camera isn't working at the moment, but she's getting a new one this Christmas. Until then, you guys will just have to imagine how adorable Sunny is!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    What kind of duck is Sunny?

My runners aren't really lovey ducks. They'll crawl all over me if I'm sitting in the grass outside, but they really don't want to be handled. I hear there are other breeds that love being loved, though.

3. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    She's a pekin, she only lets me give her attention though.
    Anyone else she'll open her mouth as to say "Back off!".

4. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    where do you live?

5. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    I had a mallard mutt who liked having her underside petted. [​IMG] She wouldn't make any noise though, just sit there and do that wing-popping thing they do when they're feeling content. I wish I had time to imprint one of my new duckies, imprinted ducks are so sweet.

6. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    awwww

7. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    Both my girls like having their bellies scratched. I have a Scovy and a Pekin. One likes to have the area under her ears petted the other likes to have the fluff behind her legs petted. They only like it on their terms, there is no way they will let you pick them up if they don't want to be held at that moment and other times they come up and rub against my leg to be picked up. Strange birds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by