My duck of 14 weeks dropped dead for no reason

KatTargaryen

Chirping
May 31, 2019
First, I’d Like to apologize if I put this in the wrong forum. I wasn’t sure which one to post in.

Now, Penny, my welsh harlequin, dropped dead yesterday, for no reason whatsoever. There was nothing wrong with her leading up to her death. She was eating and drinking just fine. Did she eat something toxic? Probably not considering that my ducks pen is just dirt and grass. I’m so sad and confused.

The only thing I could come up with is that it was bad genetics. From when I got her, when she was about a day old, she had leg problems. I thought I’d resolved it when she was 4 weeks old but maybe something was wrong with her internally? Can someone please give me an idea of what might have happened?

Best thing to do is send her to a lab for necropsy. Your vet should be able to tell you or you can look online for state approved places. They will be able to tell you what happened. So sorry.
Thank you! I am thinking about that.

Very unusual, professional necropsy would be good a good idea, double bag her and keep her cool do not freeze though, to send off they will be able to tell you what exactly killed her so you know if there is something needing changing or what toxin or what ever killed her, You don't see any signs of attack I am assuming. So sorry for your loss

Very unusual, professional necropsy would be good a good idea, double bag her and keep her cool do not freeze though, to send off they will be able to tell you what exactly killed her so you know if there is something needing changing or what toxin or what ever killed her, You don't see any signs of attack I am assuming. So sorry for your loss
No, it’s impossible for any of my ducks to be attacked. I’ve barricaded their fence so much, nothing would be able to dig under or climb over.

I guess I’ll get a necropsy done. I really hope they’ll be able to tell me what happened.

Back
Top Bottom