My duck was attacked

ChewyDuckyWebby

Hatching
Jan 30, 2017
Hello my name is Jenna I am new to BYC. I have 3 ducks Chewy Ducky and Webby and yesterday my neighbors dog got into my yard and attacked Chewy when we finally got her away from the dog she didnt look so good. I brought her inside and gave her a nice warm bath and set her up an area to sleep inside. So far she has been doing good she's been eating and drinking water, but she seems to be having an issue with her left leg she can still stand, walk, and Swim. But I am worried that I'm not doing enough to keep her healthy. So are there any other things I could be doing to ensure she recovers quickly?

Hello my name is Jenna I am new to BYC. I have 3 ducks Chewy Ducky and Webby and yesterday my neighbors dog got into my yard and attacked Chewy when we finally got her away from the dog she didnt look so good. I brought her inside and gave her a nice warm bath and set her up an area to sleep inside. So far she has been doing good she's been eating and drinking water, but she seems to be having an issue with her left leg she can still stand, walk, and Swim. But I am worried that I'm not doing enough to keep her healthy. So are there any other things I could be doing to ensure she recovers quickly?
Have you contacted your neighbors about their dog? And be sure to work n how ever that dog got inside your yard because he will be back.

Usually what happens when there is an attack they co into shock so what you did was good getting her inside where she was warm. Have you looked over her leg for wounds or injuries? Dislocation. Best thing to do is check for wounds all over her body all those feathers can hide alot. Maybe the dog bit her on her back that can interfere with walking and standing

If you can add some poultry vitamins to her water that can help, If you put her in the tub don't leave her alone especially while she can't stand or swim. You can clip back feathers from wounds to help treat the wounds. Keep a close eye on any open wounds too so you can catch any infections. That would mean oral antibiotic.

I am happy for you you saved your duck.

@ChewyDuckyWebby Welcome to BYC

Yes we talked to the owner of the dog last night when she was attacked they said they would take care of it and then the dog got in the yard again. Luckily none of the animals got hurt and we got the dog out in time. The owner then took it somewhere else and we haven't seen the dog since.

My duck does seem to be fine I found a cut near the top of her wing and washed it out and put some Microcyn spray on it. She seems to be doing a lot better we took her outside to let her walk around and she did very good. She's walking with a limp and she will lay down after walking for a while but other than that she seems to be fine

Yes we talked to the owner of the dog last night when she was attacked they said they would take care of it and then the dog got in the yard again. Luckily none of the animals got hurt and we got the dog out in time. The owner then took it somewhere else and we haven't seen the dog since.

My duck does seem to be fine I found a cut near the top of her wing and washed it out and put some Microcyn spray on it. She seems to be doing a lot better we took her outside to let her walk around and she did very good. She's walking with a limp and she will lay down after walking for a while but other than that she seems to be fine
Happy to hear she is recovering and the dog is gone.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom