My duck was declared dead …. Then she came back to life…… then guess what happened!

So yesterday, my pet duck hand peanut, was acting completely normal and running away from me. I picked her up and took her and her two friends, a male and a female, to go swim in our creek behind our house. The creek was colder than usual, but I thought nothing of it. She swam for a while very happily, and then I noticed her slow down, crawl out of the water, lay down, and go completely limp. She closed her eyes and was completely unable to move any part of her body. Her breathing was very slowed and not visible from the outside, and we could not feel her heartbeat beating. She was laying on her back in the driveway, and I was crying,( Hysterically crying in my fancy teenager kind of way ) then my mom said “I think she’s gone can you go get a towel”? I come back with the towel, I wrapped her up and held her in my arms for a little while longer. I started singing to her, and then I noticed her start to wiggle her tail. She was on my body heat, which seem to be bringing her back to life. I took her back inside and put her near a space heater, where she eventually very her slowly completely woke up to normal. She spent the night inside, and then went outside this morning. And guess what happened!? she laid an egg! Her very first egg ever! It was a beautiful egg, it was green, very oval shaped, and in her duck house. I am so glad to say peanut recovered from her cold shock and is completely fine
I sing to my ducks all the time. When their being roudy it calms them. Congrats on her first egg. I've been singing to my ducks since they were born. Mickey, Marley are great. Miss Mallory is having respiratory issues right now. I hope she's going to be ok.

I sing to my ducks all the time. When their being roudy it calms them. Congrats on her first egg. I've been singing to my ducks since they were born. Mickey, Marley are great. Miss Mallory is having respiratory issues right now. I hope she's going to be ok.
That’s so sweet! I hope Miss Mallory gets better. My duck hasn’t laid another egg so I’m wondering if it was actually her lol 🤦🏼‍♀️ She’s going great tho! I love your names btw

aww, mine love being sung to, too.
Have you tried some VetRX for miss Mallory?

Back
Top Bottom