My duckling has a deformed leg?!

Did you let them have swim time? How did it go?
Hey there yes I did last night and the healthy one enjoyed it a lot until she got cold which is normal but the one with the leg issue. Unfortunately I think there’s something wrong with her hips I don’t know if it’s even the knees it’s almost like her hips are out of place or something I don’t know how to explain it. She doesn’t use her feet at all not even a little bit. I mean a little bit she does but when she was swimming, she was just swimming with her knees like and kind of a hinging motion and she enjoyed it for a little bit and then I think she got too tired and she started freaking out . I have a vet appointment for her today. I pray that my job lets me off early so I can go I can say that her legs look better than they looked when she first hatched but it’s not much better. I need to figure out how to put her on something where her legs are being pulled down , but other than that she’s happy she’s super attached to her sister and her sister is super attached to her. She gets around enough in the Bruder to get to the food and water and back to sleep but I still worry since this is my first day back at work I won’t be here , but I made sure that the waters are shallow and she seems to know enough to get around when she needs to I put food and water on both ends just so she has easy access

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 2
Your doing a great job with them. I forgot to mention you have to get them out of the water when it starts to cool down. I'm sure you realized that though.

I wonder if you made the cup deal and just let her legs hang that gravity would cause the legs to unbend? Not leaving her in it continuously but like Physical therapy.

Hopefully, the vet can give you a diagnosis so you'll know for sure how to proceed.

Your doing a great job with them. I forgot to mention you have to get them out of the water when it starts to cool down. I'm sure you realized that though.

I wonder if you made the cup deal and just let her legs hang that gravity would cause the legs to unbend? Not leaving her in it continuously but like Physical therapy.

Hopefully, the vet can give you a diagnosis so you'll know for sure how to proceed.
Yes and I hope so not yet I purchased everything to do it. I did try to hold her with her legs dangling, and they don’t even hang at all. I wonder if I could make something also while she’s hanging that pool on the leg slightly because I pull on her leg you know kind of massaging it not hard, but just pulling on it to try to get the need to bend a little bit and she does not act like she’s in distress at all or like it hurts her at all if she’s relaxed, I can get the leg pretty far down but as soon as she tenses up again it’s goes right back into the position dedicated to this at this point if the vet ends up making a little brace for her and she needs 24 seven care, I will bring her to work with me I don’t care my job have to deal with it

If this is a slipped tendon hopefully the vet can help.
Make sure you write down all the questions you have becasue if your like me once I get to the vet most just leave my head.

If you have to travel far a towel under her to keep her from sliding and catching any poo, then you could heat up a small towel to tuck in around her or a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel for her to lay up against and a small box for travel or a plastic tote .

Back
Top Bottom