My ducklings are lethargic!

Pics

Cayuga momma

♡Ducks♡, enough said.
Mar 13, 2018
Western NY
So we got our 3 chicks and 3 ducklings today from cackle hatchery. They seemed fine when I opened the box. The 3 ducklings had pasty butt bad. We finally got the poop off and they just exploded with more poop. It was a lot of poop. I got their brooder at 95°F and I did the beak dip before I cleaned the pasty butt, but now all 3 are completely lethargic. One can't lift her head. I gave them some sugar water. I'm at a loss and heartbroken. What can I do?

The 3 chicks are doing great, they did not have pasty butt at all.

Well two passed and the 3rd does not look good. Cackle hatchery said they believed that when they hatched they didn't dispel all the poop, so it backed up and that's why they died. They are resending new ducklings. We are all heart broken.
The chicks seem good, but they told us to give them the ACV to be sure, so that's what I'm gonna do as soon as I post this.

They said 1/3 cup of ACV to 4 quarts of warm water. Next time I go to town I'm getting the nutri drench. Thank you
To top this all off we found out this morning my 8 year old son has strep throat.
I'm gonna go cry in the closet for a moment.

Yea I asked her 3 times to make sure.
Thank you for everything.
My chickies
20180314_182659.jpg
20180314_182659.jpg 20180314_182659.jpg

Back
Top Bottom