My ducklings first swim!! (video)

I let mine swim as early as 1 week. Nice warm water. When they have played and seem to be getting tired I towel them off and put them in a nice warm brooder. They love it.

You cannot let them free swim at will. They can drown. Just take precautions.
smile.png

smile.png
Thanks for your concern. I did some research beforehand and found out the same thing about the oils. They can only go for quick swims, have to be dried off, and put back under the heat light.

I only let them in long enough to get the video and a few pictures. (2-3 minutes) They sure loved it though and it got them nice and clean.

Thanks to all who viewed the video and commented

I let mine swim for 15 - 30 minutes. I let the water get just deep enough they can lift their feet and swim but if they need to rest they can tip toe. Once they eat then have a swim and poop up a storm in the sink water (ewww LOL) they snuggle under the heat lamp and sleep for 2 hours. LOL

I'm going to let them swim outside today. It's still 90 here in Fl so they should be fine. (Too messy for my kitchen sink, lol) I can't believe how fast they are growing!!!!!!

I only wish now that I hadn't promised a friend that she could have 2 of them
sad.png
Don't know how I am going to decide which 2

Does anyone know at what age I can let them free range with my chickens? I have around 30 hens and 5 Roos

clap.gif
How cute was that?!?!
clap.gif

Edited to add that I hope they have a fun time swimming outdoors today!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom