My Ducklings got Burned

AlleyKat213

Chirping
Mar 18, 2021
I have three ducklings currently... I've been putting them in our bathtub while I clean their cage... the heat lamp usually stays put when on the shower handle.... but today, it ended up falling on top of the ducklings and now it looks like they all have gotten burns on their wings... it wasn't down there long enough to seriously hurt them, and they're not acting like its bothering them... minor burns really, enough to cause a bald spot but not enough to where the skin is blistered....

Will they heal without ointment or should I put it on just in case?

Sorry, new duck mom and completely worried about everything...

Okay.... just new to this so it kind of scared me... I just dont want to be responsible for the deaths of the little guys... and yeah, they're not acting like theyre in too much pain... but I'll keep an eye on them and make sure their behavior doesn't change...

Ha
I have three ducklings currently... I've been putting them in our bathtub while I clean their cage... the heat lamp usually stays put when on the shower handle.... but today, it ended up falling on top of the ducklings and now it looks like they all have gotten burns on their wings... it wasn't down there long enough to seriously hurt them, and they're not acting like its bothering them... minor burns really, enough to cause a bald spot but not enough to where the skin is blistered....

Will they heal without ointment or should I put it on just in case?

Sorry, new duck mom and completely worried about everything...
Are they blistered over?
If blisters burst they can become infected. Just keep an eye on them.

Cool water for sure on the burns.

I also would just like to note that having a heat lamp over water doesn't seem like a good idea because of the risk of electrical shock. If your concerned about them being cold fill the tub with lukewarm water. After their swim do a quick towel dry and get them back to their clean, warm brooder where the heat lamp is.

Back
Top Bottom