My ducklings has been acting very weak...

No I am not trying to scare her in to taking care of the ducks but I do find you scary. Yes, they do kill the ducks and other animals with no meat on their bones. Unsure why you would tell me that they do not kill n the United States since you have admitted that you do not live here. Yes, I think potentially living even if not in the ideal circumstances is better then being out to death.

What is great about the US and the Netherlands is that we have the right to express our opinions. I think it is wonderful what she is doing and I think all life is precious.

I didn't tell you no ducks are killed in the U.S.
I told you she has no use on information about shelters in the U.S. that kill ducks; since she lives in Madagacar. It can only scare her.
Amen, or inshallah, or hell yeah! or whatever the person who reads this does or does not believe, on the fat part.

Eggs and try some oatmeal too. They definitely need protein and baby ducks love to have grass or lettuce and other veggies and insects. Lots of fresh water. And heat, if anything get a heating pad though it may get too hot, watch it closely not to cause a fire. I have kept ducks by the heating vent in the house in the winter and they did ok but it's best to get a heat lamp or something. Hope this helps

Can we try and support our new member here:) How is lil Nyx doing today @LauraTheTeddyBear
Thank you so much for the support! And he's doing amazing! I've been giving him eggs, oatmeal, and green peas. He's been loving it.

During the day, I'm lucky that the sun shows up so at noon and after noon, I bring him outside on my balcony and he just sits and appreciates the sun. I keep an eye on him because once Horus fell off the balcony. Madagascar's sun is so hot, so I make sure that he can also have access to shade just in case. Right now it's 21 degrees Celsius.

He does feel lonely at times since he's always crying. But I make sure to always be with him when I'm free. He's so adorable. Also I think he grew a little but I'm not sure. His wings are still very small but maybe it will take some time before it grows? I don't know.

Charlie, my cat, is trying to bond with Nyx but Nyx is too scared xD He opens his mouth and screams when he sees him and tries to run away.

I try to put him in water when it's really hot so that he can cool down a little. But the water heats fast since the sun warms it up all the time.

I would take a picture of him but he's scared of my phone as well xD But when I pick him up, he feels heavier than before. I'll take a picture of him when my brother as time. So that while I hold him, he can take the picture. But that's all I have for now.

So Nyx passed away on Friday. I was more sad when he died than the others because I spent more time with him. I have no idea how he died. He was doing so well. His feathers were even starting to peak out. I think he probably died of emotional pain. He was lonely most of the time. His siblings died and I had to focus on my studies. I was definitely NOT ready to have ducklings. Hopefully next time, I'll be more ready and have more free time.

So Nyx passed away on Friday. I was more sad when he died than the others because I spent more time with him. I have no idea how he died. He was doing so well. His feathers were even starting to peak out. I think he probably died of emotional pain. He was lonely most of the time. His siblings died and I had to focus on my studies. I was definitely NOT ready to have ducklings. Hopefully next time, I'll be more ready and have more free time.
:hugs:hugsso sorry. :(
Sometimes this happens even under the best circumstances. You done the best you could possibly do with what you had, don't beat yourself up about it. Bless your heart!

Back
Top Bottom