MY ducklings *PICS*

As negligent as this sounds, I don't even keep a light on them. They live in my bedroom
sickbyc.gif
and I bring them outside everyday. At night I give them a stuffed animal to cuddle with. I only do this because my parents light bill alone with just the heat lamp was 110$

Mine seem to be fine, I do have a heat lamp (ceramic) its not that warm in their little box, but they're running around and eating pooping and drinking and not too worried about staying under the lamp.

Quote:
I've got a cage and then a tiny box inside, right now its the box they came in - with a hole cut for them to get in and out - I've got another one ready to switch, also small, just big enough for them to cuddle in.

I have a bigger "brooder" made with scrap wood and wire etc... I might use that when these guys get too big, but I'm hoping it will be a good time at that point to put them out into their little shed.
big_smile.png

Its nice and warm at night.

Quote:
Not sure - they'r ebigger than chickens, so probably a little more room.

My shed isn't the biggest, and with 6 ducks its going to get tight in there during winter... I'm going to be shoveling snow every day no doubt.

We have a nice big deck outback now - so I'll shovel a path to the deck, the chickens love it under there, I bet the ducks will as well, and I will have a nice big area that doesn't need to be shoveled.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom