My Ducks are laying like crazy

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
Ok my Ducks are laying like crazy, I have a trio of Mallard Ducks and a trio of white calls plus a Buff Duck Female with a Choc. Mix Male (looks like a runner )..
I've seem the Buff and Choc . mating and see my Mallard mating . so far I've been getting greenish eggs which I beleive are from the Mallard Ducks . I going to be setting the in the bator I have about a doz of eggs as of this morning ........hope they are fertileand hatch in 28-30 days

Mine are laying too, but they aren't fertile right now. If they were, I'd have an incubator FULL of White Call eggs!

Even if my ducks were laying like crazy im never ever gonna raise ducks during the winter in my basement!Dont get me wrong I love em to bits but you gotta keep em in your house even longer when its cold out and you have to clean the brooder everyday and get them clean in your bathtub everyday.Plus I got baby coturnix quail in the 'bator and it sucks to raise them during the winter but I guess its just a labor of love lol

I'm jealous! My ducks barely started laying at the end of Summer, then they stopped.
sad.png
But I should have plenty of eggs whenever they start laying again.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom