My ducks are no longer chickens!!!!

justduckie

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
Yep, they finally figured out they are ducks.
big_smile.png

After putting a small baby pool into their yard about 3 days ago, my 4 week old ducks FINALLY decided the water was a good thing. And when my little female finally took the big plunge, it was a site to see!:eek:
big_smile.png
She hung her chest over the edge for a long time, dipping her head into the water, then slipped in and just stood there for a minute.

Then she went nuts! She started going full body under the water, swimming in circles really really fast, squacking (they don't really QUACK yet
hmm.png
) flapping her too short wings, wiggling in the water......then she would stop, look around, and start all over again!
cool.png

I stood there for at least 30 min. watching her, laughing. Finally my male decided to join her and he did the same thing.
tongue.png
It was so funny. Now, I can't hardly get them out of the pool. I think I'm going to upgrade them to the bigger pool I have in my garage, just hanging around.

The chickens like the pool, too. They go over to drink out of it and poke at the pretty blue color of the plastic. But they don't get a kick out of it like my duckies!

Back
Top Bottom