My ducks are puking!

Aravis Clanneed

Chirping
Apr 8, 2022
My ducks are spitting out of there mouths thick water and food chunks! The people at tractor supply said I could feed them chick food! Is the food causing this? I have already changed them over to the duckling food because I wasn’t sure if the chick food was duckling safe.
image.jpg

Were they puking all of it back up? I had a couple ducklings spitting a bit back up when they switched from pellets to crumble, but nothing else was really wrong with them, just getting used to the new texture as far as I could tell.

As far as what you can do there isn't much to be done if you've already switched their feed. I honestly wouldn't beat yourself up too much over the medicated chick starter, I've read conflicting opinions on it. Generally best to just avoid if you don't explicitly need it, but giving it to your ducklings isn't necessarily the death sentence some would have you believe either.

I actually read a pretty well-researched article on the topic earlier today after a few comments on here made me curious.

https://morningchores.com/medicated-chick-starter-for-ducklings/

My ducks are spitting out of there mouths thick water and food chunks! The people at tractor supply said I could feed them chick food! Is the food causing this? I have already changed them over to the duckling food because I wasn’t sure if the chick food was duckling safe. View attachment 3063098
Yeah medicated food isn’t good for them. Are they puking when you pick them up? That could also be why. Even if you don’t mean to squeeze them you can easily make them spit up

Back
Top Bottom