My Ducks have out stayed their welcome ...pic overload

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gofasterstripe, Sep 7, 2010.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

No I havent got rid of my baby ducks but.....they out stayed their welcome in the spare room so I evicted them. They made a mess, smelled realy bad, and just trashed their brooder (45 Gal tote) plus they got to big for it. So here is where they have moved to

[​IMG]

I am luck to have an old house on my property with 5 rooms in it. For the past few years it has stored all our square bales of hay so this week I cleaned out the back room and made the ducks a new home.

[​IMG]

This is going to be their outside run. its about 70 ft by 50ish ft

[​IMG]

This is going to be their neighbors...JoJo, Dolly and Moomin the mule...1 is missing Max...but if you look top left looking under the carport roof you will see 3 white specks...thats Max's tail and legs

[​IMG]
    This is the ducks new digs. Its a 18 x 8 room that I have made a bit smaller for them so they wont be over whelmed with all the room. They have 8x8 untill they are a bit older

[​IMG]

My make shift fence to keep them confined for now. Please excuse the walls, my goats were in here for a week last year when they tore their fence down and they ate all the white paper off the walls...stoopid goats

[​IMG]

Enjoying dinner after the big move across the yard to their new digs. They better like it and enjoy it coz its all I have and all they are getting hehehe
    Im so pleased with all the hard work I have done this week. I have 1 panel of fencing still to put up...I was short 2 T posts and I have yet to buy their swimming pool so the blue tub on the front step will have to do for a few days

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's pretty cool

Imp

3. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    They look like sweeties.

4. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    WOW that is AWESOME!!! I am a bit jealous- Ours went out to the barn and I am trying to remodel a space for them.

5. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    those are some lucky duckies [​IMG]

6. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Great duck house. Do you still have cold and warm running water inside of the old house? I'm already thinking about the cold winter, because all I have is cold water. Freezing hand are in the near future. [​IMG]

7. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:No there is no water or electricity in the old house, I have a spicket about 20 feet away from their door so thats not to bad. Its not cold at nights here yet so they have been weaned off the heat lamp in the house before I put them out.... and if it does get a bit colder then they better snuggle up close...no wimpy ducks in this house [​IMG]

8. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Nice...

9. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    It looks very cozy! How are the ducklings with the horses so far? When my ducks (as adults) first saw my horses, the ran in the opposite direction [​IMG]

10. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    They have their own house!!! What lucky little ones they are... The options are endless when you really think about what you can do for them in there. Im sure they wont mind that the goats ate the paper.... What great animals you have..so Lucky to live where you do - its sounds like a place with a lot of character.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by