1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

My ducks in the snow

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WriterofWords, Dec 29, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It looks like they are waiting for Twinkie to make some sort of proclamation or announcement concerning the white stuff lol!
    [​IMG]

2. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    thats sooo funny! mine sometimes do that but they look at me and i want to say "Do i have somethin in my teeth? Did i fart? Whats up?"

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    The other three ducks are on the porch watching them, they had a look on their faces that said they were not going out in that stuff for anything! Their pools were slush, and one of the Mallard crosses was in there just having a great time and all the others stood around the pool like they were taking bets on whether or not the stupid one would freeze to death in there!

4. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    how cute!!![​IMG]

5. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:LOL, I like the way you make it easy for us to visualize. It's funny, I was seeing wild ducks having a blast today in one of the few ponds that were not frozen yet, and wondered how they could think that was enjoyable. Yes, I probably had the same look on my face as the ducks watching "the stupid one".

I like the picture. They definately look like they are waiting for further instructions.

6. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    The Mallard behind Twinkie is usually pretty bossy, but he lets Twinkie be the boss if it looks he'll come out of it looking bad. Twinkie just as that Runner Duck "let's go for it!" look!

7. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Lol, he's thinking " Yeah, Twinkie, you go running in that cold white stuff. And if it turns out being some sort of monster that swallows you whole, I'll be the new boss!!"

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    "Yeah,,, and once you're gone... Hershey is my lady!!" Hershey is faithful to Twinkie,, Emeril loves Hershey,,, he'd love to see the snow eat up Twinkie!

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    LOL Mine had their first snow experience today as well....they were truly confused by the stuff and wondering where they could get away from it...they tried hiding under tiny branches and such like it was going to kill them if it touched them. They are a hoot. When it melted away later in the day they were running around like happy duckies.

10. bubblebean11

bubblebean11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    20 min N of Denver
    My ducks run out to the snow and lay down in it. They have nice warm houses and they sleep outside in the snow. I dont know what they are thinking either. They love the rain too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by