My ducks may not be my ducks

mjdtexan

Songster
11 Years
Sep 30, 2008
Houston(ish)
I was conversing with my neighbor to the south (limited English) and we were talking about "my" ducks. My pond borders his property line. My pond is his property line back in the back. Anyways, he says the ducks sleep at his place and he feeds them. I thought, huh, whos ducks are these? They may be just coming over to visit the pond then. I noticed one little duck. Before there were a bunch of little ducks. I asked about that and he says predators get them. I thought, huh.

So

Would I be wrong ifin I build a couple of floating ducks houses so that the baby ducks have a fighting chance with the predators? I know its the natural order of things and I am ok with that. I just kinda want floating duck houses and all of that but I dont want to be stealing my neighbors ducks. I am fairly certain that a long time ago my family put the ducks there but I cant be sure and anyway those particular ducks would be dead a long time ago. These are the black and white ducks. Muscavoy Ducks ifin I am not mistaken

muscovy-duck.jpg

Muscovies are wild in Texas I've been told... I see nothing wrong with putting some houses out, unless there are laws..?

Sure put some floating duck houses out! It would be cool! You can't help it is other ducks go on your pond and use them!
That is a muscovy duck.

What would it hurt?

You could buy some little ones to add to the flock and perhaps feed them... on your side of the pond.

Back
Top Bottom