My ducks new pond!!

Very nice! Consider starting with just a few inexpensive plants to see whether your ducks eat them. It would be a shame to spend a lot for exotic aquatics and have them get eaten.

My ducks have like 7 different plants in their habitat and they haven’t touch a single plant. They have a strawberry plant, 5 pea plants, lettuce, spring mix and mustard greens and grass. All these plants are growing without any harassment from my ducks.

Yes it is. Because eventually once I get money the pond is gonna have lots of water plants for em to eat and also help clean the pond.

Great looking pond.
I only had a 50 gallon pond but I'm running in on a 160 gal filter system .
I have 100 gal set up with plants to grow and filter. My research lead me to growing my plants outside of the pond because the ducks will eat it faster than it can grow.. I will hold the water for 3 days than transfer it to the pond.
As the plants grow I'll trim and feed them as a treat in the pond.
I have a 60 gallon give or take bio filter
system with 60 pounds of lava rock,
3 gallons of sand filler to collect the small stuff, and 3 gallons sponge filter on top to collect the big stuff.
The heart of the system is a 200gph DIRTY water pump. Set outside of the pond.
Every 7 days I'll pump water for the system to water trees and garden.
I also have a 50 gallon container to hold water to be used for the pond so choline can gas off before putting new water into the system.
Choline isn't good for the plants or ducks.
Basically it's a combination of a fish and swimming pool filter system.
Ask me how it's working!!!
I don't know. My babies are less than 3 weeks old!!!!!!!

My ducks have like 7 different plants in their habitat and they haven’t touch a single plant. They have a strawberry plant, 5 pea plants, lettuce, spring mix and mustard greens and grass. All these plants are growing without any harassment from my ducks.

That's encouraging to know.
I'm growing duck weed, parrot feather and water luttuce. The water luttuce will not be feed because It is poisonous to small animals.

Back
Top Bottom