My Ducks

Duckbreeder2020

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey
Hello! I have 9 ducks in a run with some chickens and 4 ducks down at a pond. I have 6 Pekin’s 4 Buff Orpington’s and 3 Crested’s. I made this to share about what happens to them weekly! 3 of my ducks are a year and the others are 102 days old so 3.35 months old. I’m planning to breed my older ones and tell me if I have a good setup... I have a mixture of ducks and chickens together so when the ducks lay eggs and they hatch I don’t want chickens or ducks killing the babies. So I bought a very large dog house and a dog pen that could happily temporarily fit a duck and ducklings. I’m going to put the dog pen inside the run and the dog house inside the pen. So the mama duck and babies are still in the same run but just have a cage around them. Tell me if this is an ok idea for breeding. Glad to meet y’all!

Hello! I have 9 ducks in a run with some chickens and 4 ducks down at a pond. I have 6 Pekin’s 4 Buff Orpington’s and 3 Crested’s. I made this to share about what happens to them weekly! 3 of my ducks are a year and the others are 102 days old so 3.35 months old. I’m planning to breed my older ones and tell me if I have a good setup... I have a mixture of ducks and chickens together so when the ducks lay eggs and they hatch I don’t want chickens or ducks killing the babies. So I bought a very large dog house and a dog pen that could happily temporarily fit a duck and ducklings. I’m going to put the dog pen inside the run and the dog house inside the pen. So the mama duck and babies are still in the same run but just have a cage around them. Tell me if this is an ok idea for breeding. Glad to meet y’all!
That sounds wonderful!!!! I really like that idea!

That sounds like a great idea :D

Back
Top Bottom