My ear is totally stopped up!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kla37, Dec 19, 2010.

1. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Anyone know how to unclog a stuffy ear? I've had a cold for days now, it's going away but for two days my right ear has been stuffed up! I can't hear well out of it, and it's throwing my already tenuous equilibrium out of whack. It doesn't hurt at all, and doesn't feel hot or have any other signs of infection, but it's driving me nuts! Any suggestions?

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sorry you are not feeling well. [​IMG]

Sinus decongestants? I like mucinex products. Warm but not hot hair dryer.

Feel better soon! [​IMG]

3. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I wonder if holding your nose and blowing (like when your ear clogs on an airplane) would work? If not, maybe you can try an OTC decongestant- sounds like you've got congestion behind the eardrum. I'm not a doctor, so my advice is simply that- advice. I have a child that has ear infections frequently and almost always has congestion in her ears to some degree or another and sometimes a decongestant helps.

4. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Put warm water in a cup then alittle peroxide in another cup , put peroxide cup over the other cup filled with water, let it sit to warm the peroxide. Tilt head pour a little in our ear and allow peroxide to sit in ear. When you here a slight crackling sound your ear is clearing up. It ussually takes a few times to clear the ear. This breaks up and removes wax. It is an old wifes tale that actually works. I didnt beleive it untill DH had me try it. Just make sure the peroxide is room temp. Good luck, hope you feel better.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  5. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Go to the doctor! That is a bad sign.

Stay away from candling and homeopathic OTC stuff. You need a prescription for Sudafed and possibly antibiotics. The pseudo PE crud does not work. Mucinex and generics work as advertised -- recommended.

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Chew gum.

7. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Thanks, I'll try ALL of it!

8. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    I had this happen to me in september but I also had a ear infection but after the infection cleared up my ear stayed stuffed. I was on prednisone and flonase (sp?) but if that had not finally worked my doctor told me that it was just going to take time to clear up. It is blocked because your eustachian tube in your ear is blocked.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by