1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My easter egged is 9 months old and still no egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Skittleinaustin, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Skittleinaustin

Skittleinaustin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    Austin
    Ive got seven girls (variety of breeds) all hatched in early Feb. They all appear happy and healthy but one of them still isn't producing! They get good free range time, eat plenty of protein and are in a nice coop with plenty of airflow for Texas heat. Should I be concerned? I'm getting plenty of eggs from her sisters...but I really want another colored egg!

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    sure its not a rooster? maybe she has some health issues, try leaving fake eggs and golf balls in the the nest. Maybe she has been laying eggs and you didnt know it !

3. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    Another late laying EE. Since they others are laying you are doing what you should be, so its all on her. If she is acting like shes alright, al you can do is watch her with concern. One possible thing is she may be laying an egg simular to what some one else is laying.

4. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    I'm in the same situation but with a 9.5 month; a wheaten maran who hasn't layed a single egg! Frustrating, isn't it [​IMG] I think maybe she'll wait for spring; maybe that's what yours is doing?

Do you have any pictures of her? Is she squatting/does she have a red comb?

5. Skittleinaustin

Skittleinaustin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    Austin
    Well, she FINALLY laid her first egg today. Whew...That must have been hard work!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by