My EE has watery poo!

chickenpotter

Songster
Apr 21, 2015
Mechanicsville, Va
First of all, thanks to all of you experienced chicken keepers for helping us newbies. The information I have gotten from this site has been invaluable!
I am new to keeping chickens. We recently moved to a rural area and have 2 acres. Got 8 chicks in March and raised them in my garage. What an amazing experience- you can almost watch these birds grow before your eyes.
Anyway, I have 3 Golden Comets, 1RIR, 2SLW and 2EEs. They all have come along beautifully except for the EE hen. She has had watery poo for about a month now. Took her to the vet, fecal float. Negative, but wormed the whole flock with Panacur for good measure.
Then upon reading more I found a thread about slow and sour crop and sure enough she had a large squishy crop in the morning( I am routinely checking all of my birds crops now- who new there would be so much to learn?). I vomited her a couple of mornings in a row and also gave her her feed softened with water with yogurt mixed in. Also started making water with probiotic in it available. She also had a very pale comb.
She is doing much better- visibly more energy and also not off in a corner by herself.
BUT she is stil shooting out watery poop with undigested feed in it. It's not as bad as before, but still very noticeable.
Am I on the right track or is there something else I should have the vet check for? I read the clostridium perfringens can cause watery poo or a fungal infection. I'm not sure how long to keep up the yogurt and probiotics before looking at something else.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Oh, she drinks more water than the other chicks- about 3-4 times as much.

Just go to Forums. Click on Emergencies/Diseases & start a new thread
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom