My egg holder

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jaemomma, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Jaemomma

Jaemomma Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2014
    Georgia
    I would love an egg skelter but this works well. Its a metal fruit bowl sitting on top of a deviled egg plate :) I so love fresh eggs! I just wish the girls would all lay in the same place every time so I can find all of the eggs! That's what I get for free ranging I guess. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    That looks so cool! I have free range chickens also and I find most of the eggs in the nesting box but then there's my bantam hen who lays the tinniest eggs and hides them in the weirdest places. the funny thing is that my regular chickens lay to big of eggs to fit in the egg carton.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  3. Jajika

Jajika Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2007
    Northern California
    My girls "free range" in a large, enclosed yard, however I do have a coop inside the yard and I peppered it with nest eggs so they would get the hint. They did, and they lay their eggs in the coop while still wandering all over the yard.

It''s funny because there are four nesting boxes in the coop, but they all lay behind one of the boxes and they all have to lay in exactly the same place. Too funny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by