My egg sales are !!!

I would buy 8 dozen at a time! We love fresh eggs, but only free range, wish you lived here! I find it hard to get eggs from free range farmers any where. Wishing you the best and hoping you sell tons !

We got our first egg today, so we've got a bit of time before we can sell any....but I do have 3 people at work that are ready to buy from us as soon as we have eggs ready to go! And as soon as our duck starts laying again we've got interested buyers for those too! I'm sure the selling goes up and down but we hope it goes well when the time comes!

Denyel

Summertime is usually slow for egg sales. People are out doing things and aren't necessarily cooking breakfast or baking. It will pick up again as the weather cools and will reach a peak over the winter holidays.

This is my slow season. which ordinarily is a good thing because it's also the hen's slow season. Months of 90+ weather and high humidity slows everyone but the Leghorn's production down.

Along about mid-September things begin to pick up again and by late October it back to normal.

Mine haven't slowed down a bit but I guess they are used to Florida heat. They slow down in the winter and all but stopped when we had two freeze spells last year. Only ones that didn't miss a beat were the leghorns. Not sure how there offspring will do they are leghorn / BO crosses.
idunno.gif

Mine haven't slowed down a bit but I guess they are used to Florida heat. They slow down in the winter and all but stopped when we had two freeze spells last year. Only ones that didn't miss a beat were the leghorns. Not sure how there offspring will do they are leghorn / BO crosses.
idunno.gif

We had a little cooler weather come through for 2 days this week and I thought that would get all hens laying more consistently. The very next day was right back up in the 100's. The hens laid even less than before the 2 cool days.
We had a storm come through last night and the hens did not lay well today. It was cooler than normal most of the day but humid and windy. My Buckeyes have taken a few days off it seems. If they could all lay in the same day I would be doing good on being able to sell eggs. I keep saying any day now. I am ready for that DAY to come. They always use the nest boxes and today the Andalusian just laid one right on the ground outside the barn out in the open.

Back
Top Bottom