My eggs are chirping

StoneyRidge

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Bloomington, Indiana
Yesterday was the 21st day and my chicken eggs should have started hatching. As of this moring none yet. We hear chirping every once in a while from the eggs. Some of the eggs are moving. I hope we have chicks soon.

look with a flashlight if you have a window on top and see if you see little chips in the eggs....you should if you hear chirping....mine chriped yesterday and now I have 4 chicks this morning on my second bator hatch

This batch are made up of Buff Orpingtons, a few Cochins of which type I do not know and several "barn yard" Bantams. I started with 40 eggs and two where discarded due to non fertile when we candled. The rest showed something inside.

The wife called me home for lunch and we have one egg hatched out! Two more are moving around. I hope the rest follows suit. How long should I leave the new chicks in the hatcher? My hatcher is a styrofoam incubator with no tuner and no fan.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

So far we have only 6 eggs hatched out of 38. The first hatched Monday around 11 AM. I set all the eggs in the incubator at the same time. Shouldn't they all hatch around the same time? How long should I leave the eggs alone before check them out? Being this is my first time how long should I let nature take its course?

Usually what day do you start to see rocking and earliest to hear chirping?
I'm on day 19 of my first ever incubator and hopefully hatch.
The waiting is killing me.
I keep wondering if they will rock soon.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom