My eggs are hatching and ive got a question and 5 babies in the bator.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 77bronco, Jun 3, 2011.

1. 77bronco

77bronco Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Ok I've got 5 chicks walking around in the bator and they are fluffed and dry but I've also got 2 or 3 more eggs with pipps. Would it be ok to take the chicks out or would I be dooming the unhatched. I'm using the BRINSEA Eco 20 and this is my first time, set 12 locked down with 10 and everything is looking good

2. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    From what I have read, you can leave them in the incubator for a day or more while waiting on the others to hatch. Right now, I have 2 walking around and 4 more that are trying to get out. That only leaves one left to pip, and I don't think it will hatch. It was a bit iffy when I candled it before lock down. But I left it in there any way. Good luck to you and I hope they all make it.

3. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

The chicks can be in the incubator for up to 3 days with-out food or water.

They will get nutrients from the absorbed yolk. Wait on the pipped eggs to hatch

before opening the incubator, or you could accidently shrink wrap them due to

the drop in humidity. [​IMG] Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  4. chickengrl

chickengrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Quote:Exactly, don't remove them yet. [​IMG]

5. RachaelS

RachaelS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Ditto

6. 77bronco

77bronco Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Thanks everyone. I thought it best to leave them but wanted to ask to make sure. Tomorrow was suppose to be hatch day but I guess these five couldn't wait and of coarse I had to work today so I missed the show but I did.get to see the first one POP out of its shell as I was getting ready to leave and it was the coolest. I'd like to say a big THANK-YOU to everyone on byc for all the great and helpful info they share on this great site and a thank you to BRINSEA for the great and easy to use incubators. Now what can I hatch now LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by