My eggs are here! *UPDATE* trying to figure out colors. :) blue, or lavender?

Just wanted to throw an update out there; My nine eggs are all on day 17, and every single one has good movement. They're actually starting to look like little baby ducklings, and I'm confident that I'm going to have a good hatch in 11 days! I'm so excited to candle them again on day 20....after that I'll have just one more candling session before I put them into lock down! I don't know how I'm going to keep from opening that box. I'll post pics when they start hatching. :)

Good news! I can't wait to see since your ducks are my ducks' brothers and sisters.
wink.png

When I candled them on day 7, all 15 of mine had veining. Can't wait to candle them tomorrow (day 12) and see what's going on.

Good news! I can't wait to see since your ducks are my ducks' brothers and sisters.
wink.png

When I candled them on day 7, all 15 of mine had veining. Can't wait to candle them tomorrow (day 12) and see what's going on.
I was just about to ask what day you're on, then saw your day 12 comment. You're not too far behind me! I'll definitely post tons of pictures for you to see. How exciting! I know Wordgirl bought from Toadbriar too, so they have lots of siblings all over the place.
smile.png

I ordered 8, got some extras which I am SO grateful for because one was cracked, one had a blood ring, and the third one ended up never veining. So I have 9 left over, perfect! They're all looking so good, and I can see the babies moving around. They actually look more like ducklings, not blobs. lol, My eggs are so clear when I candle them I swear I can just about see right through them; I'm wondering if it's possible to see the darker colored (black and brown) baby fluff? Some are very light, while other ducklings I can almost see the fluff. I'll have to take some pictures of the candling next time I candle so you can see. give ya an idea what to look for, since I'm a few days ahead.

I was just about to ask what day you're on, then saw your day 12 comment. You're not too far behind me! I'll definitely post tons of pictures for you to see. How exciting! I know Wordgirl bought from Toadbriar too, so they have lots of siblings all over the place.
smile.png

I ordered 8, got some extras which I am SO grateful for because one was cracked, one had a blood ring, and the third one ended up never veining. So I have 9 left over, perfect! They're all looking so good, and I can see the babies moving around. They actually look more like ducklings, not blobs. lol, My eggs are so clear when I candle them I swear I can just about see right through them; I'm wondering if it's possible to see the darker colored (black and brown) baby fluff? Some are very light, while other ducklings I can almost see the fluff. I'll have to take some pictures of the candling next time I candle so you can see. give ya an idea what to look for, since I'm a few days ahead.

I'd love to see your candling pics! How exciting to see duck shapes inside instead of kidney beans. :)

I haven't been able to get pictures! the light just doesn't work. and I had a moment of panic when I couldn't see ANYTHING in my eggs. I thought something had gone wrong, then I found out that my candler battery was dying.
tongue.png
So, an update on the eggs, they're doing good, and we're only a few days away from lock down! I candled two or three of them tonight just to see what was going on; I can see movement, and I saw a foot, or bill or something poking into the air cell before retreating from the light. Then, I went to check on the temp later and saw an egg rocking back and forth, nearly knocked my thermometer over! (it's a tiny one balanced on two eggs where i can see it clearly.)

I haven't been able to get pictures! the light just doesn't work. and I had a moment of panic when I couldn't see ANYTHING in my eggs. I thought something had gone wrong, then I found out that my candler battery was dying.
tongue.png
So, an update on the eggs, they're doing good, and we're only a few days away from lock down! I candled two or three of them tonight just to see what was going on; I can see movement, and I saw a foot, or bill or something poking into the air cell before retreating from the light. Then, I went to check on the temp later and saw an egg rocking back and forth, nearly knocked my thermometer over! (it's a tiny one balanced on two eggs where i can see it clearly.)
ya.gif

tongue.png
Exciting!

Pictures :)

Just a funny side note... I looked over at my dog, (Pepper) and found her laying in her crate like this...and with a torn up blanket. awesome
tongue2.gif

I know for my first time incubating anything which was my runner ducks eggs and it was back in feb/march and i never looked into how i do anything. I just went down every morning and took out the 2 eggs in the crate and stuck them in the incubator and turned them morning, lunch, and dinner. And i completely lost track of the days and knew it was getting pretty close. I went into the kitchen which is right next to the room i had the incubator in and i heard a chirping. Panic! and threw together the cage and went in got a paper towel and got the baby out. He was so cute and a surprise to everyone. after that day since i maked the eggs 1-35 i just would look for the next number and a pip! It was the most exciting time ever! A present a day! but my mom wanted to kill me because i wound up with 25 unallowed ducks that chirped alot. LOL. didnt think that many was going to make it. And found that they where shrink wrapped too after i looked up more info afterwards. And im glad things are going so well for you!! I cant wait to do it again.

Awaiting pics of babys :)

Back
Top Bottom