My eggs are here! *UPDATE* trying to figure out colors. :) blue, or lavender?

Hmm, Well with my runners when they where hatching and they got the bill out they would go in and out of the egg and turn a little, But i wouldnt say they where moving all around. Also the egg would shake and i would hear it peep, it was the coolest thing ive seen lol. An egg talking.. Not sure if ive seen zipping, Im going to hope its on youtube. Im going to search it more. Thanks!! And good luck!

Here are the cuties!

chocolate, and (I think) lavender

the toes on my chocolate boy.
love.gif

this is the lightest baby of all-a girl. I think she'll end up being silver. she only has two places where we can see color.

Blue Boy. :)

SO adorable! I hope that one is a silver - that would be beautiful! :) Congratulations! How are the last three in the 'bator?

SO adorable! I hope that one is a silver - that would be beautiful! :) Congratulations! How are the last three in the 'bator?
the last three in the bator had to be helped out this morning. the humidity dropped down to 69% during the night, and two of them became shrink wrapped.
sad.png
with some help all three of them hatched out, and I have 8 pretty babies in my brooder. :) one of the shrink wrapped babies was trying so hard to get out all night that her bill is raw
hit.gif
My lavender female is being very nurturing towards that one though, which is sweet. So, although their coloring may look a little different as they get older I think I have 1 Chocolate male, 2 Black females, 2 Blue (one of each gender), 2 lavender girls, and 1 silver unknown gender..
smile.png
I'm pretty sure that I will be keeping my chocolate boy but I'm not positive on which two girls I'll hold onto.

so, 2 males, 5 females, and 1 unknown. Probably a boy since I somehow only got two out of seven!

YAY! Just catching up with this thread :) Congrats on the hatch! I do have one hen in the flock with a pink bill, I had another one but rehomed her. They've been different color girls (one black, one lav)

Those babies look very naughty! Expect them to get into everything! I was going to say something about a chocolate male and being able to sex link his babies, but that goes out the window when you have lavender hens.

As for shrink wrapping, I had one baby get blisters on her bill from rubbing :( I need to rebuild my incubators. Or rely on broodies (which apparently ALL this years' rookie layers are) I am so glad you got good babies! I don't know what's with the gender ratio but I am not complaining. I was lucky enough to get 7 males out of 32 babies total last hatch. I'll pay for it later I am sure!

(And oh my goodness. As I am typing my parrot is making keyboard click noises and I am LOL)

7 out of 32 is crazy! I kept wanting to re-check all the females because I couldn't really believe I have so few boys. It's a nice change though, I've always seemed to get too many males. One of them that had to be helped out of the egg was extremely goopy in some ways, but was stuck because of shrink wrapping in others. It was a really strange hatch, and this baby although free of it's egg, still hasn't absorbed the yolk completely so it's in the brooder, but seperated from the others since it can't withstand their poking, and prodding. I'm really not sure why it hasn't absorbed everything.
hmm.png
the baby that had pipped backwards in the egg is doing well today, much better than lastnight, but is still having some trouble with her legs; I'm thinking we'll have to make a splint for her. She was so backwards, and crowded in her egg, it's amazing she even made it out really. (nicked a blood vessel when trying to pip)

For the most part the others are all really happy babies. The one with the raw/blistered nose is exhausted, but getting rest. I kept waiting, and waiting for black babies to show up (I love the lighter colors, but was still expecting some dark too) I had all the others out, and only one chocolate boy had hatched to represent the dark babies...then my last two black/white girls pop out! one of the black girls is the one with the hurt nose, the other is a loud mouth already. their coloring is nicely broken up by yellow splotches too.

Back
Top Bottom