My Eggs Are Here!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Orange Ribbon, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    I called the P.O. this morning around 8AM, they said no boxes came in for me today. I called back at 10 AM since they sometimes have a truck come in later in the morning. The guy said, no box and no more trucks till tomorrow. Our mail runs after 2 PM, so my daughter went down to check it and there was the box of eggs.

ANYWAY, I got the eggs from Hot2Pot. [​IMG] She did a great job wrapping them and putting them safely in the box. Every one of them made it in tip top shape. I have them sitting pointy end down letting them come up to room temperature. How long do you think I should let them sit before putting them in the incubator?

I sure hope I get something to hatch. I've never had even one egg that was mailed to me ever hatch before. Even if I get just a few babies I'll be plumb tickled. [​IMG]

Thanks Hot2Pot! Good job on the packaging, and I hope to show some pictures of them in a few weeks. [​IMG]

2. Quote:Congrats! I also got eggs today from the Post Office, Good luck with yours and have a great hatch![​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  3. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    leave them to sit at room teperature on there small end for 24 hours

4. quailmale

quailmale Chillin' With My Peeps

Most common time is 24 hours. [​IMG]

5. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Thanks! I think quail eggs that are shipped hatch pretty well provided your humidity is good at lockdown. Happy hatching!:) Deb

6. Orange Ribbon

Apr 14, 2011
    Thanks John, Martha, quailmail and H2P. Martha, good luck with your hatch too! [​IMG]

7. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Orange Ribbon

Apr 14, 2011
    Got my eggs in the incubator. I had a scare a little bit ago. I have two thermometers inside and I looked at one and it said 110 degrees! [​IMG] Oh, man, I about had a conniption. Looked at the other therm. and it read 100.1 Huh? Looked at the other one again and realized the probe had fell down between the turner slats and was up against the light bulb. What a relief! I did turn the thermostat back a tad and now at last look it was 99.7 Much better. [​IMG]

9. kimisfishing

kimisfishing Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Branson Missouri
    I got duck eggs today in the mail from Bhep. I wag going to use them for ornaments but now feel the need to make a bator and hatch some ???? [​IMG]

10. ODEY587

ODEY587 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2011
    Orange ribbon I got my quail eggs today also got them on ebay, I bought 50 they sent 45 and a bunch were broke [​IMG] . I think I'm going to put mine in the bator now. We can be hatch buddies lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by