My Eggs!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by waycaster, Oct 3, 2011.

1. waycaster

waycaster Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Penfield, IL
    Well my silkie eggs shipped today!! I am so eggcited. With 6 EE eggs already in the bator and at least 6 silkies on the way, my halloween will be filled with lots of little peeps!!!!

2. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

3. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG]

4. Swissmiss989

Swissmiss989 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Good luck!

5. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Have fun!

6. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Expecting eggs tomorrow! I've maintained incubator temp/humd perfection for 24 hours. Very excited.

Are your eggs coming overnight?

ETA, I meant to say egg-cited lol.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  7. waycaster

Jul 29, 2010
    Penfield, IL
    Well I have two bators, one is a LG that I put a fan into and it has a auto turner, I just made a new bator though (even though its nots large enough for a auto turner, I am seeing issues with auto turners) with a water heater thermostat, and with a few modifications it has held 99.1-99.5 perfectly with nothing above or below that. I hope to post photos when the new bator contest starts up.

The problem I see with auto turners is laziness can lead to loss. Yes they are great, but if they fail, by the time you would realize they failed, it would be too late. My new bator (even though right nows its my lock down bator) will have a manual turner that will be as close to auto turner as possible with a no fail option [​IMG]

I had candled my 6 EE eggs yesterday and that being day 4 I saw no veins in any eggs, and just dark spots on one side of each egg, I thought for sure either they were unfertile or dead.... well today I went back and rechecked them and found veins and embryos in each egg (other then the dark blue egg) I am happy that there are little chickies coming alone in them.

This weekend I will posting photos of my "chickentown" addition to my goat barn, this is the first night that all 3 girls have crawled in to roost there without being moved from the old coop. they love the shavings on the floor, one hen loves laying eggs in the box and the other thinks, oh my this corner is a nice one, ohhh and that will be my laying corner tomorrow.. lol shes a hoot.

It will be sad to see them go one day, I am wanting to move to straight silkies once I get them hatched out and all growded up. (what you dont like my growded up? lol)

Cluck ya later

T

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations... [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. waycaster

Jul 29, 2010
    Penfield, IL
    7 cute little Silkie eggs showed up today, they are now in the bator and running along. 18 days from now they will go into lockdown and hopefully on the 28th I will have photos to post of my cutie pie silkies. ofcourse on the 22 I should have some EE photos to post.. lord I hope they are EEs, Where I got them from had several breeds of chickens running around and lord only knows, lol such an adventure.

T

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by