My favorite survived an attack.

domromer

Songster
12 Years
May 11, 2007
Flagstaff,AZ
My wife and I were moving the chicken tractor a few feet over today. The girls were still in it so were lifted the tractor a little bit and moved it along. I noticed one of the chickens had her head in the gap, which I swear was no more than 2" wide. Next thing I know she was out and my husky/heeler cross was chasing her. he grabbed her a few times before I could grab her. we put the poor girl back into the coop and she just collapsed. She had no markings or blood but she just plopped right down with her eyes closed and continued to breath really hard. A couple hours later she was walking around and just a little while ago she was chasing her sisters in the blackberry bushes. I am so glad she was alright. I couldn't really be mad at the dog. he was just doing what predators do. I will definitely not move the girls with the dogs around again. The hen also happens to be my favorite named Dolores. She gives very nice cuddles. I can't imagine how people feel who lose hens to weasels or other predators. I never imagined I could become so attached to birds!

Oh man I am glad she is ok.
smile.png
That is scary. How is she doing this morning?

Cindy

she seems ok, she was chasing her sisters to steal their worms. She was a little slow. But seemed to be in good spirits.

Back
Top Bottom