1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My finace is at it again

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by debilorrah, Sep 15, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Remember that recent thread about how great everyone's husbands and boyfirends were about our combined obessesion with chickens? And I said it's my fiance that started this whole thing? He did it again this weekend. Went to Lowe's and spent another $50 for more wood and more chicken wire and built the ladies a half door to the entrance to their coop.

In all fairness, it IS to keep the dog out..... But he also bought two HUGE sheets of plywood to give the ladies a roof. [​IMG]

2. Jilara

Jilara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Bay Area, CA
    Hey, my guy is already talking about whether the neighbors will let us build a second coop behind their garage, since we can only keep 6 chickens on our lot. (And we've only got 3 chickens so far...)

3. debilorrah

OK that scares the peedwaddin outta me. We have an acre..... oh dear.

4. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I wish my DH was like that. He thinks the whole chicken business is crazy. And all I can think of is more chicks in the spring! I need blue and green eggs.

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I just spent $500 to finish the breeders coop and build a double-decker 4'x8' Chukar cage... hubby blinked, but didn't say no. [​IMG] But $500 now to build it right will save many $400 electric bills later... [​IMG]

Give that man a Klondike bar, hug on 'im, and let him know how appreciated he is!!!

6. debilorrah

I do let him know how much I appreciate him. I really wish that when he says he will spend $20 he only spends $20!!! He is worse shopping than any woman I have ever known! He cracks me up.

7. mustangruss

mustangruss Chillin' With My Peeps

I think most of us men are when it comes to our chickens.[​IMG]

8. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    My husband's the one that just HAD to have a rooster...so I informed him that means that I now get to hatch babies. [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

we were talking tonight about how 6 months ago we laughed at each other about having chickens and now we have 13!!!!

10. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    I told my DH that I didn't want any of those dumb chickens! [​IMG] He HAD to have 3 that were given to him when I bought some goats. He had chickens when he was a kid! So OK!

Now I have become a raving chicken maniac that is totally obsessed wanting more & more breeds! I have 35 chickens now.

People think I am nuts! All I do is talk about chickens & by chicken books.

Oh, I need a new coop, oh I need this or that, & the DH says OK.......[​IMG]

Look what he has created! HA! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by