My first attempt at a coop and run...

What a great coop! Thanks so much for sharing. I love all your great ideas. Our coop is still a work in progress. We are expanding our run but like you said, lumber is extremely expensive. So we cut down some cedars from our property and will be using them instead. I have been searching what to use for a cover and I like what you have there. I am only going to partially cover mine, but I want the girls to have somewhere to go that is not too deep in snow over the winter. :rolleyes:

That is an outstanding job. I don't know if you have done this, I didn't see it in a picture, but I would add a clevis to the latch on your run where you had to add the spring. I use those latches on my run and have put clevis' on them.

What a great coop! Thanks so much for sharing. I love all your great ideas. Our coop is still a work in progress. We are expanding our run but like you said, lumber is extremely expensive. So we cut down some cedars from our property and will be using them instead. I have been searching what to use for a cover and I like what you have there. I am only going to partially cover mine, but I want the girls to have somewhere to go that is not too deep in snow over the winter. :rolleyes:
Thank you! Good luck with yours. We have a LOT of ash that died from the emerald ash borer. Sadly it's really hard to get at the logs with heavy equipment, or a portable saw mill, they're on the other side of a creek with a small bridge as the only access. The result is a lot of campfire wood.

That is an outstanding job. I don't know if you have done this, I didn't see it in a picture, but I would add a clevis to the latch on your run where you had to add the spring. I use those latches on my run and have put clevis' on them.
Thanks, do you have a picture of how you used the clevis? Does it connect the operating rod to the latch?

Thank you! Good luck with yours. We have a LOT of ash that died from the emerald ash borer. Sadly it's really hard to get at the logs with heavy equipment, or a portable saw mill, they're on the other side of a creek with a small bridge as the only access. The result is a lot of campfire wood.
We lost most of our ash too.
Can I ask where you got the panels for the roof of your run?

We lost most of our ash too.
Can I ask where you got the panels for the roof of your run?
I got them at home hardware in Wellesley. They have a full lumber yard there. I believe they were about $20 for a 26"x8' panel. I'm pretty sure the stock they bring in is seconds, not sure about other HH stores. If you end up going there, make sure to look over the panels for blemishes. Most of mine were fine, one was about 4" short, lol.

Back
Top Bottom