1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first babies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkiemum, Oct 25, 2008.

1. silkiemum

silkiemum Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2008
    Firstly I just wanted to thank all of you for this site, I have learned so much in the last few months just from reading the forum and the web site, I am in love with all things chicken!!!!

I have a selection of chickens, isa browns, polish crested, aracarna, rode island red, silkie, austlralop, and a rooster(?) of unknown breeding.

Well my broodie silke mums have hatched out four, one each of their own and one each of aracarna x? and polish crested x?, the are just so cute.

I plan to make the incubator from the plan from the web site and just can't wait.

Keep up the good work guys I love it.

PS I am here in seville, australia on a little 8 a property with 15/4 chickens, 5 horses, 4 guina pigs and one dog, whew!!!!

love Sandy
    sorry about spelling, not good after a few wines!!! well it is 10pm on a saturday night!!!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Your chickens sound so adorable!

What colors of silkies do you have?

3. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard.

4. silkiemum

silkiemum Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2008
    Hi my silke girls are white little fluff balls and are very well handled by me 7 years 'chook wisper' daughter.

My new babies are a week old and already have wing feathers, amazing.......!

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    give them a few more days and you wont believe how much they have grown!

just so fun to watch them grow. each one a little miracle!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by