My first baby chicks: Questions -- Need help, advice, and opinions.

She doesn't seem to be frizzling yet, though I should mention that the lady we got them from wasn't 100% if it was a frizzle because the frizzle and silkie chicks were mixed together, but it looks like some of the pictures of frizzle chicks I have seen, but I am still just learning about my little chicks.
I am going to keep an eye on her feathers over the next few weeks and hope she frizzles nicely and doesn't have a somewhat bald head.

Thanks to everyone who has replied :) I really appreciate the responses! And I feel at home here already with the quick response from you guys! :)
Before I posted my OP, I thought I might sound really worried, tis why I asked Q7. I'm not really all that worried, I'm not freaking out or anything, but just making sure I am doing things right and hoping for the best. :)
The only thing I can say that I am worried about is what sex my chicks are, I cannot have roosters because I live in an urban neighborhood and I'd rather not have to exchange my chicks in for different ones.

Thanks again and see ya around :)

Try not to worry too much just wait til their first night outside. I probably checked on mine 10 times even though they was fine ever time. And you've come to the right place I learn something new here everyday.

Last edited:
She doesn't seem to be frizzling yet, though I should mention that the lady we got them from wasn't 100% if it was a frizzle because the frizzle and silkie chicks were mixed together, but it looks like some of the pictures of frizzle chicks I have seen, but I am still just learning about my little chicks.
I am going to keep an eye on her feathers over the next few weeks and hope she frizzles nicely and doesn't have a somewhat bald head.

She won't frizzle for a while - her feathers need to grow in first. Her down won't frizzle. Mine took about two weeks for the feathers to start looking a little frizzle, and almost a month before they were really obviously frizzly.

Back
Top Bottom