My first BBS bantam orp chick has hatched!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shelleyb1969, Feb 18, 2009.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

13 out of 15 sizzle eggs from sarahssizzles made it into the hatcher. [​IMG]
    Plus, I set 6 eggs from my own BBS bantam Orps...and 5 of those made it [​IMG] ...
    Plus+plus 2 for 2 of my red frizzled bantam cochin/blue bantam orp mutt eggs [​IMG] .

So, 20 eggs due to hatch this Friday...but I can't stop checking that bator looking for pips! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My kids keep staring at mine looking for pips. I tell them, wait till Saturday, but they all want to be the first to see some action.

3. shelleyb1969

Quote:It's just too exciting, isn't it?! [​IMG]

Best of luck with your hatch, Mahonri! [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Good Luck! [​IMG]

5. shelleyb1969

This is late day 19 and I've got 2 pips! [​IMG] Here we go-oooooooooooo... [​IMG]

6. shelleyb1969

My first BBS bantam orpington chick from my own breeding trio has hatched! [​IMG] As well as a black sizzle chick...black skin, 5 toes, and waayyyyy cute, too. Another sizzle egg is pipped. Day 20 technically begins at noon.

7. RonnieAtkeson

RonnieAtkeson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    i wanna see a pic of that bbs Orp, i love those guys! Congrats on the hatching, keep up the good work lil chickies!

8. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Happy hatching!!! I still have 5 more days until the excitment begins!!!

9. shelleyb1969

I'll be posting pics of my new chicks later on tonight. The first orpington chick is splash...and waayyyyyy cute. A second one hatched and is drying off right now, plus a 3rd and final one has pipped.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by