My first big hatch is going well

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dave27889, Feb 10, 2009.

1. dave27889

dave27889 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    I would say that so far out of 70 some eggs only 5 are not showing much. I am not giving up on them have set them to themselves and will check them again on friday. I got most of these from Bargain, pidgey104 and Kbbeale. I also got some from SandS poultry right here in eastern NC. Their's are 100% growing so far. I have speckled sussex, cuckoo Marans, RIR's and buff orphingtons from them. All of these were very nice people and had very nice eggs.
    I have a second incubator going with eggs I got off crazytrain and again from bargain. I have black langshans, RIR's and speckled sussex and some of my own Barred rocks. I also have EE's from mine and Bargain. I have about 35 in this incubator. I hope chick feed is chep this year. The semerams I got from kbbeale are doing really well and I would like to thank her for sending them to me. She did a great job packing and her 12 eggs are going strong. Good hatching to all and will update soon. Later, dave27889

2. winekntrychicks

winekntrychicks Pooper Peeper

Jul 26, 2008
    Sebastopol, CA
    Good Luck; keep up the good work.....[​IMG]

3. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Wow! Lucky you! You got chicks! [​IMG]

Haha, I feel like one of those things that go "You've got mail!"

I love Buff orpingtons. they are so pretty and docile!

Good luck with your little flock!

4. dave27889

dave27889 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    Thanks a lot. I am really lucky so far. My 16 year old daughter really thinks it's neat to see the chicks forming.

5. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    [​IMG] I'm so pleased, Dave. Thanks for updating. Looking forward to see how the rest of your hatch goes. [​IMG]

6. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Good job Dave! We have been getting 100% development from the RIR's and Sussex as well - they are both young flocks and I think that makes all the difference in the world. The Orps and Marans are older but they still are in the mid to upper 90% range.

Steve in NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by