My first Blue egg ... Or whodunnit ?

svh

Crowing
Dec 24, 2019
Mid Missouri
IMG_6877 (1024x683).jpg

Or is it green ? Looks blue to me, but my 18 week old, blue egg laying girls don't look anywhere near ready !?! Here's pics of them .....

IMG_6734 (1024x683).jpg
IMG_6744 (1024x683).jpg

These 18 week old girls look closer to POL, but are supposed to be green eggers !?!

IMG_6667 (1024x683).jpg

And to complicate matters more, one of my 18 week old Barred Rock pullets has been acting funny around the nest boxes, and singing a goofy egg song around my pile of straw bales. Barred Rocks lay brown eggs, so It can't be her. Could it ???

IMG_6803 (1024x683).jpg

Thoughts and comments please.

Green eggs are blue shells with brown coating...
....so could be one of them with a spray booth not calibrated yet.

I lOVE your analogy ! :cool:

In fact, just this morning, I busted one of the green layers in the nest box squeezing one out !

I thought Auracana's laid green or blue eggs. They have fuzzy cheeks. Do any of your chickens resemble an Auracana?

I thought Auracana's laid green or blue eggs. They have fuzzy cheeks. Do any of your chickens resemble an Auracana?
A number of "breeds" lay blue or green eggs. Whiting true green, whiting true blue amerIcauna, etc...
Easter egger is the general term for a chicken who has an Ameraucana, Auracauna or Leg bar (real breeds that lay blue or green) in their lineage

To answer your question, no fuzzy stuff, or EE.

To elaborate, the first 2 pics in the OP, from what I recall, are Prairie Bluebell, and the others are Starlight Green, or something similar .....

Both from Hoovers, care of Rural King.

Back
Top Bottom