My first chicken problem! A Blocked Nose!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by scatters, Feb 13, 2015.

1. scatters

scatters Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2015
    Hi, I inherited a small flock of fancy chicks from a friend who moved from NSW to TAS so couldn't take them with him. They are all different breeds but are all small so get on well, I've had them for a year with no problems till now!

The oldest and friendliest has developed a growth or blockage in one of her nostrils Ive seen threads on this site for similar problems but the photos aren't really clear enough for me to tell if it's the same problem
    [​IMG] I've been told I should touch it to see if it's soft I plan to try this in the morning till then any advice would be welcomed!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sorry to hear about your hens blockage. Definatly post in the link that NorthFLChick had left for you. It could be something as simple as food blocking the nostril having a feel will definatly help you. I'm sure the experts over in emergencies injuries cures section will be able to help you further.

Good luck with her and hope you can get her problems sorted out.
    Enjoy BYC :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by