My first coop made out of a dog kennel

BowGuy21

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 16, 2014
Built a small coop but quickly scratched that when we decided how many birds we actually wanted...so here's the new digs under construction...so far I have only $100 bucks into it...I'll post progress pics as I go...the roof panels will have a slope to them when I get done...just slapped them up so I could work in the dry since it rained all day today

[/IMG]

Last edited:
My coop is free standing in the 10X10 kennel. I plan on making a larger coop with hardware cloth around bottom on the end of it this year, taking off that end panel so the under of coop extends actual run space and shade area.

I only have plastic netting attached to top to keep hawks out so the food and them need a larger place out of sun and rain.

Update...got the back coop skinned in today...gonna throw the roof on if I have enough daylight...gonna put siding on it so I wasn't scared to use left over plywood to abstract it together

I built a large run of dog kennel sections since that was what I had to work with but I think if I were to buy something to build with a hoop coop design made of cattle panels would be far cheaper

Back
Top Bottom