My first coop

Yeah, I've been thinking about that and checking into the easiest/least expensive way to do it. They have quite a big area to run in & plan on having everything they could possibly want/need. I'm thinking that after all the research and threads I've read I don't think I have TOO much to worry about, but will see as time goes by. We do have a dwarf pear tree in their run, but plan on blocking it with bird netting to keep them from wanting to roost in it. Will see what happens! Thank you so much for everyone's thoughts!
lol.png

Well I had to backtrack a little today. Lol. One step forward, one and a quarter steps back. Haha. I realized that to attach the run to the coop with hardware cloth, it needs to occur before the siding goes on in places. Namely the place I just finished siding.
1f633.png

So I removed it and started building the run.

Taking a break for a day or two to spend some quality time with my daughters. (And I don't mean giving them a paintbrush, but that day IS coming
1f604.png
)

Haha! So funny! Yes we well know about the back-tracking and such. We got done with the coop and decided to move it to another area! OMG! It was my hubby, my Mom (who is 84!) and I packing the walls and floor to the new area. WOW! What a chore! Then had to re-configure the measurements and take off a bit here and there to fit as it was different measurements of fencing we were dealing with. But, this area is much, much better.
clap.gif

Wow! They will have a first class hotel for sure! Great job! Will you be getting your chickens this year or in the Spring? :)

Thanks! I'm ready to check this project off the list lol. I've already got the hens so I know they're ready for this to be done! They're in a temporary location until this is finished.

More progress. I didn't get many pics today but got some more trim finished around the people door on the back, installed the hardware cloth on the nest box side at the top, got all of the front eaves covered in hardware cloth, another run section covered in hardware cloth, all of the panels on the front and painted the exterior wall and nest box on that side. Here are a few pics I did take but none were after I finished. Also, the paint will be a dark green, but it's still wet here.

Great job!  It's really coming along nicely! :woot

Thanks!

Here's a few more from today.

The ramp is a 8' 2x6 and just propped there for now. Going to mount it with eyehooks so it's easily removable.

Just a detail of the siding going over the hardware cloth.

Back
Top Bottom