My first egg story!!!

Nycolette

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2018
So, I bought 4 buff orpingtons and 4 silkies when they were only a day old. I raised them ever so carefully until the time came when they looked like they might start laying. I ran out to the coop excitedly every morning for several weeks. Finally one morning, my husband asked me if I was going to go out and check first thing. I excitedly ran outside with him following and found my first egg!!!! I was so excited that I was jumping up and down and called him over to see it. I picked it up to show him and it was ice cold. My husband was laughing so hard he almost wet himself because he had put an egg from the refrigerator into the coop. I feel like he stole my egg virginity...the only consolation is that he feels horrible now because I got so excited...some how, some way, when he least expects it....I will get even.

Husbands can think they are tricky. Parents too. My mom thought she was funny and, when I was waiting for my first eggs, she put a hard boiled one in the coop. I cracked it open and instantly knew my mom thought she was funny. She will get hers on Thanksgiving! Meanwhile, husband revenge can be very sweet indeed:clap

So, I bought 4 buff orpingtons and 4 silkies when they were only a day old. I raised them ever so carefully until the time came when they looked like they might start laying. I ran out to the coop excitedly every morning for several weeks. Finally one morning, my husband asked me if I was going to go out and check first thing. I excitedly ran outside with him following and found my first egg!!!! I was so excited that I was jumping up and down and called him over to see it. I picked it up to show him and it was ice cold. My husband was laughing so hard he almost wet himself because he had put an egg from the refrigerator into the coop. I feel like he stole my egg virginity...the only consolation is that he feels horrible now because I got so excited...some how, some way, when he least expects it....I will get even.
lol, sounds like something my husband would do, I was so excited when I found my first one, I knew my girls (Black Sex Links) were due to start laying at anytime, I did my best not to panic.. but I still checked the coop about 5 times a day till they did, which was about a week after they moved from the brooder to the coop. Hope you figure out a way to really get even with him.

Back
Top Bottom