My first egg!

miron28

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
lenoir north carolina
yippiechickie.gif
This is exciting I finally got my first egg!
ep.gif
I always read other people’s logs about there first egg. I walked in to the coop and there it was in the nesting box how exciting that was. All these time of building the coop and buying the chickens I think I was more excited about the egg then anything!
lau.gif

anyone else felt like this?
15518_first_egg.jpg

15518_labella_and_the_frist_egg.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! I love those first eggs and still get excited when each young pullet lays her very first one.
wee.gif

Jody

Ooohhhh, it is beautiful!!! How many people did you call after you found it? We called/texted a good dozen or so friends. You'd have thought we just had a baby(well, kinda we did) with how excited our entire family was. Now we are on egg number 7 and each find is as delightful as the first!!!
wink.png

It depends on each pullet when she will start to lay. We have 5, one is laying for sure, and I suspect one more started laying today(about a week from the first). Because normally we have our egg in the afternoon, but today we collected an egg in the a.m.(and we had one yesterday afternoon) and that is a switch from the typical. This egg was also a little bit smaller than yesterdays egg, so I am hoping we now have two laying. Your girls will get there too in their own time.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom