1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first eggs, three from one hen

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Lobzi, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

I found them today when I was cleaning out the nest box. I clean it every day so I dont know how I missed them the last couple of days. I have been waiting for months for her to start laying... but three at once!! What a pleasant surprise.[​IMG]

2. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    is it possible other birds are laying? Three at once for a first timer seems unlikely.
    ???????????????????????????????????

3. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    yeah, i think you have "nest box sharing" which is very normal... though mine have begun spreading out they use all but 1 box for now...

4. Lobzi

I only have one hen and she boards with two roosters so I sorta doubt it:)

5. kristenm1975

kristenm1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    What kind of hen is she? I have a young Sicilian Buttercup who lays eggs that are torpedo shaped like that. Cute. [​IMG] Perfectly chalky white too. Very nice.

6. Lobzi

I dont know what type of hen she is. She is wild. I got her from a lady why owns a farm. I just needed company for Roo, my lonely rooster. I actually got two birds from her but one turned out to be another rooster. Here is her picture:
    [​IMG]

7. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I think she might be blue buff, but I on't believe that any hen can lay three eggs in one day, because i read that it takes so many hours every day to produce one egg, may be you did not notice them under the straw, hens try to hide thier eggs sometimes.

omran

8. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    It is not possible for one hen to lay more than one egg a day

9. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    People get doubles, especially when they just start. Never heard of a triple though.

10. Lobzi

Thanks for all the input. I doubt she laid them all at once but I am just shocked I missed them. I am so excited that she is laying. I never expected it with her having to put up with three roosters.... she is one tough little lady.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by