My FIRST eggs!

phelpcd1

Songster
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Yay.....finally I have eggs! Funny because my dad came over at lunch and I was complaining that my chickens haven't laid a single egg yet. Told him they might be on the dinner table soon if they don't hurry it up. Well.........I took a bunch of tomatoes out to them a few hours later and couldn't find Thelma..............and she NEVER misses a treat whatsoever! I found her against the wall sitting in the coop - she was just sitting and panting (it's blazing hot here). I watched her and when she got up, there were 2 eggs! I doubt she did both - they are different shapes/sizes.........so not sure who beat her. They did not use their nest boxes...darn it.

Yay.....finally I have eggs! Funny because my dad came over at lunch and I was complaining that my chickens haven't laid a single egg yet. Told him they might be on the dinner table soon if they don't hurry it up. Well.........I took a bunch of tomatoes out to them a few hours later and couldn't find Thelma..............and she NEVER misses a treat whatsoever! I found her against the wall sitting in the coop - she was just sitting and panting (it's blazing hot here). I watched her and when she got up, there were 2 eggs! I doubt she did both - they are different shapes/sizes.........so not sure who beat her. They did not use their nest boxes...darn it.

Congratulations!You have yours first eggs and your sits on them so your not stuck with the artificial option,the incubator.Lucky!

Congrats!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom