My first ever hatch! Yay

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kbruce, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Kbruce

Kbruce Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2011
    North Carolina
    Thanks to all who gave advice and guidance [​IMG] I set 8 eggs total, 6 bantam Cochin and 2 Araucana and I had 3 hatch! Yay I feel very successful to get that many since I had no idea what I was doing! My babies are a week old now and doing great! 2 Cochins and 1 Araucana... I feel like such a proud mommy! Lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Thats great. Love the pics.[​IMG]

4. ChicwannaB

ChicwannaB Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Munger, MICHIGAN
    this is super great [​IMG] Im setting up now to incubate some lemon orpingtons as soon as they arrive. Will be my first time as well. I may throw some of my barred rocks in too, just cause I like those chickens. Setting up an album on MYPAGE, so you'll can watch (and encourage!)

when they hatch will I call them LCO's because they are Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons??

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  5. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Soo cute!! Congrats!!! [​IMG]

6. ChicwannaB

ChicwannaB Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Munger, MICHIGAN
    Quote:will you be incubating soon too??
    Im presently getting batteries set up and programming a digital thermometer and also have a manual thermo, doing 2 to see how they differ. I know nothing about what Im doing.

Ooooooooooooooooh, I do hope someone does this along with me......Im nervous as a mother hen. I probably shouldn't have bought expensive eggs for my first attempt, but if I get ANY out of it, I'll be thrilled. (with the shipping about $40)

I really don't need MORE chickens, just thought this pretty lemon color was nice and and AND.......excuses excuses, I've got an addiction to feed, what can I say?? [​IMG]

7. michelleshenhouse

michelleshenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Slidell, La
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by