1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first flock is home safe! Come see...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by michellerene, Apr 28, 2007.

1. michellerene

michellerene Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Graham, WA
    2 Barred Rocks, 2 Black Austrolorps & 2 Buff Orpingtons! [​IMG] The Rocks (at least I think it's the Rocks-- need to look at chick pics again to be sure) are a little older than the others-- starting to get some tail feathers & the comb on one of them is more developed than the others (that's "Queenie"-- the only one with a name yet.). Anyway, they settled right in & found the grub & drinks right away. It's so funny to see how they'll run around & eat & peck at stuff & then all of a sudden, as if on cue, they all fall asleep where they're standing! [​IMG] Queenie already has a favorite spot-- she scratches up all the shavings (right into the water [​IMG]) like she's taking a dust bath & snuggles down in the bedding-- the third pic below. Anway, thanks for all your help with getting these girls set up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Queenie taking a "pine shaving" bath! [​IMG]

ETA: I bought them at the local feed store-- they order from Privet Hatchery in New Mexico (no web site), in case anyone want to know.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  2. fowlweatherfriends

fowlweatherfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    The Sunny South
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Hello, michellerene! Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]
    Those peeps are adorable, great pics! [​IMG]