My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

lol its fine :) hope you get some rest and feel better I think I will be getting another fox tonight I will update you tomorrow Night Shellz

Fox will stop if it is not catching birds. It can not afford too many futile efforts owing to energy constraints. I have had to live with foxes and it can be done even if fox not removed. I place obstacles around where fox might dig. Does not take much to stop digging. Again, fox issue of bang for buck, too much work makes chicken not worth effort no matter how tasty.

Geez, I never thought of that! Especially in the winter...move on they would!

Geez, I never thought of that! Especially in the winter...move on they would!

the fox I killed actually started trying to pull the chicken wire off the fence his mouth was all cut up and bloody when I caught him in the trap. Sometimes foxes will move on but with this fox he tasted chicken and wasnt backing down :/

So someone on a different form today told me that if he/she will kill a fox and then pee into a bottle dump it on the fox and then pour their pee on trees and stuff around their property and it helps keep the coyotes and foxes away. It kinda makes sense in my mind cause they will see/smell the dead animal then smell the human pee all over the animal and property and know not to mess with whoever killed the fox. Or I am just crazy but it may be a experiment worth trying

Well I have watched stuff on wolves that if they fight and one kills another the winner pees next to it to mark the kill and warn others not to mess with him. Makes sense to me that foxes and coyotes would think/do the same

If you have wolfs in your area you could get your hands on some wolf pee.That would keep fox/coyotes away.You tighten your coop up.You got your self a .22lr now just mix up your times you let them range so they don't get used to your daily schedule.Its a never ending battle your chickens are being hunted from all angles.dont let your guard down.

Ya I asked about wolf pee but nobody seemed to know if it worked or not. I can get some from the wildlife officers out here. Just didnt want to waste my time if it wasnt going to work :)

Welly hows the fox trapping going any luck?

HAHA frigginchi It not really in public I guess but ya would be out in the open haha And I would totally make my hubby do it men dont have a problem doing that sort of stuff. Or maybe they do now-a-days lol

Back
Top Bottom